Princess Winter

This blog is named after "My little pony" Princess Winter. Things I might talk about on my blog are: Me, Hockey, the OC, the baha'i faith, me, family, friends, school, me... etc.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Life in the "Big City" Finally!

Okay, so sorry I haven't posted in a few days. Thursday night i spent packing and getting last minute stuff done. I knew we both wouldn't get done until midnight or later, and we had to leave town at 4, so we would get 3, maybe 3.5 hours of sleep. I figured it would be easier to do what we usually do, which is just drive down there and sleep once we are there. Aaron thought we should have slept before we left, but let me have my way. I got all the way to Nenana before I told Aaron that I couldn't drive anymore because I would fall asleep and crash. I had trouble halfway there already, and I knew I couldn't keep it up much longer. He was pretty irritated because he would have rather slept at home in a bed than in the car.

After a couple hour nap, we started driving again. He flung a rock and made a HUGE chip in my windshield. I got mad at him right wasilla because he passed some people, and I couldn't because it was raining and hard to see, and I couldn't see him anymore. We got over it though. :D In wasilla the lady at the staffing agency (Margo) called and said my boss had called. I was supposed to be at work at 1 (it was 10 when we were in wasilla), but my boss told me I could come in monday instead, because she heard the roads were bad and didn't want me to get hurt. It was really nice. I'm glad she did because I would have been really stressed out if I had to work friday.

We got to town and went straight to the apartment. I filled out the lease, got my keys, etc. It all took quite a while, as usual, but finally we got to go up to my apartment. I get there and it was definatly not finished being cleaned, and there was quite a bit of furniture in there. I went back to Autumn (the girl who I signed my lease with) and she told me she'd get housekeeping right away, and she was sorry (it had been checked as done). I also asked her about the furniture. She said she'd send maitenence to come pick it up. I told her that if they were just going to get rid of it, I'd keep it. She said I could, after talking to them. :D I got a couch, coffee table, two end tables, bedside table, dresser and a queen size bed (a really nice one with a pillow top). Aaron needed the bed.

Aaron and I went to his parents house for a little while, then came back to mine to move stuff upstairs. It was ALOT of work. I'm not used to doing all the moving, and it was really tough, but the first day we got EVERYTHING of mine out of the trailor. We went back to Aaron's parents house in the evening, and eventually came home. The cable guy came over at about 9:30 and hooked up my cable. He was pretty nice. :D Spent some time unpacking, and some watching TV. We didn't get up until noon or so the next morning (after going to bed at like midnight or earlier). It was nice to catch up on sleep.

Saturday after we got up, I spent some time unpacking, but eventually he and I went to pick up Jordan and go to the fair. The WHOLE reason I went to the fair and spent $10 per person and $5 for parking was because I wanted a good deal on a cell phone. Turns out Cellular One didn't have a booth this year. We left after only a couple hours to go get my cell phone. I got one, although I don't think Aaron or Jordan liked the one we picked. Then we went to my house for a few minutes. Aaron's parents called and asked if we wanted dinner. We took Jordan home and went to his parents house. We were there most of the night.

Sunday morning I got up really early. I had gone to bed at like 3am, but I woke up at like 10. I got some unpacking done. He got ahold of his parents and they came over to switch the beds out, and then we took the bed to Aaron's storage unit. We got all my stuff out of the storage unit (except the hutch for my desk). We brought it back here and unpacked all of it except the desk, which is in the back of his truck. We went to his parents house to eat, hung out for a bit, came back to get Aaron's trailor, brought it to his parents, then came back here. I'm really glad he stayed last night because there were some people hanging out out front and they creeped me out a little.

This morning I was going to get up at 6:45 so I was ready to leave for work by 7:30, which would have been perfect timing. Well, after I got dressed for work and did my hair and all I had left to do was eat, I looked at the clock to see what time it was. It was 6:15. I got confused, looked at my cell phone and the clock in the room. All of them said 6:15. I seriously though I got up at 6:45, but must have gotten up at 5:45. LAME! So now I have an hour before I have to leave, with nothing to do except eat. I could unpack, which I might, but I'm not sure if I want to do that in the morning. :P

So, sorry it took me so long to update. I e-mailed my cell phone number to everyone I could think of, but if you are reading this, and didn't get it, let me know. :D So far, no one has called it but Aaron and Jordan. I'm sure I'll get a few more calls eventually. :P On the sad side, I'm pretty broke with all the moving expenses. Hopefully I get paid a week from this friday. :D I miss alot of people from fairbanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home