Princess Winter

This blog is named after "My little pony" Princess Winter. Things I might talk about on my blog are: Me, Hockey, the OC, the baha'i faith, me, family, friends, school, me... etc.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Service in Fairbanks, just sad

Service in Fairbanks is just lacking. I've noticed it mostly because I have worked in several service industries, and have had to work with those people who seem to lack whatever it is that makes for good service. So, I was at McDonalds last night. I understand that its McDonalds, the employees get paid only so much to put up with crap, and I understand that its not really a high standard of service.

Anyways, there was one person in the drivethru, and I pulled in behind them. They waited for a while, and then pulled through. Seems normal. I pull up and no one says anything for about a minute or two. Usually they at least say, one moment, but I figured they were busy. After a while, I looked over and saw that it was slightly dark inside, although there were still some lights on, and that the person was no longer in the drivethrough. I said hello into the speaker and no reply. I honked my horn just to get someone's attention, thinking they didn't know they had customers. No response.

I drove up to the window and looked right at a girl standing around inside. She looked right back at me, walked towards the window, then right past into the lobby. I was extremely mad at this point. I honked at her, and she ignored me still, so I left. As I drove off, vowing to come back the next day, I saw a manager (the blue shirts) smoking in the entryway, and he ducked as I drove by, because he had heard me honk and knew I was upset that they were closed. I didn't care that they were closed, I cared that I was ignored and there was no way for me to know they were closed until I was ignored by employee's in uniforms, and a manager no less.

This morning I had to get up to take Aaron to the dentist. I stopped by the same McDonalds. I asked the guy working the register if he was a manger. He indeed was (blue shirt) and so I asked if they were open last night. He said they were not because HE was the only one there all night. I told him that I came there last night and there was no sign at all saying they were closed, and a girl inside looked right at me and ignored me. Turns out she was "off the clock" and was waiting for a ride (from 11-2 apparently). He just apologized in a "I don't really care" kinda way. I figured it wouldn't do much good to tell him, the person who was hiding from me, instead of his boss.

Anyways, I started that blog earlier, like Wednesday morning, but I didn't get a chance to finish it until today (Monday). I have been so busy with taking care of Aaron, and then being at work that I haven't had a chance to do much. I liked taking care of Aaron though. :D It was fun. He was really appreciative (especially at first, when he was on his med's) but it made me feel like a good girlfriend. :D He said I didn't do as good as a job as his mom would've, but that is to be expected, and that I did almost as good a job. No one can take care of you like your mother can.

So, thats all I've been doing since then, is taking care of Aaron (alot of sleeping, watching movies, etc.) and working. Work has been eventful. We had 3 cooks and a hostess walk out one day. then two days later another cook walked out. (all of these at the beginning or mid shift) So, yeah, work has been fun. haven't been making NEARLY the money I used to because of all the cook drama, but I'm still making okay money.

I'm still up to date on all my bills. :D I need to write a letter to the student loan people asking for deferment. Otherwise, 7/18 I'll start owing them money. I can afford it, but would rather not. I have been saving up money, and can afford to pay Aaron back, and I've already paid back my tickets. So I only owe my dad some. Next bill that is due is rent on the first, and there are three of us this month, so its cheaper. I will be able to start saving up money to move as soon as I pay my dad back.

Saturday I went to the Mud Drags at the Mitchell Raceway. That was fun. Aaron, Nava and I sat together, and I got to see Chris, Merena, Craig, Jen's, and Reggie (all people from the newsminer). Sunday I went to my dads birthday party out at Chena lakes. Aaron and I went, and Nava, my dad, Amin, Ben, Kayla, Briana, Carol, Jeremy, Junior (who I haven't seen in a while), a few of my dads friends, and then April at the end were all there. Aaron and I went Canoeing a couple times. It stared to rain at the end.

I think thats about all from my week. I really need to clean my room, but I don't know if I will. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home