Princess Winter

This blog is named after "My little pony" Princess Winter. Things I might talk about on my blog are: Me, Hockey, the OC, the baha'i faith, me, family, friends, school, me... etc.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Life in the Bar and Trip to Anchorage

So, life in the bar is still good. I make over $22.00 an hour on average, and most nights I make between 15% and 20% of my sales in tips. Saturday night I actually walked out with 20% in tips, even though we tip 2.75% to the Hostesses and Bartender. The most I've made in one night is $120, and the most I've worked is less than 7 hours. I think thats pretty good. :D Anyways, its alot of fun in the bar because if there is nothing to do, I can chat with my customers, who are almost always chatty, but I don't have to worry about getting in trouble for "not working".

I am not sure if I am going to be able to afford to move at the end of June. I wanted to, but I need about $1500 and I have $250 saved up, and haven't paid my dad or Aaron back yet. I DID pay my tickets, only because they wrote me a letter telling me I HAD to pay them back or else they would go to collections and charge me a $50 late fee. So, all I owe left is $1000. :D I think if I keep making about $400 a week in tips, then I can pay my dad and Aaron back, and afford to move by the end of the summer. What its all going to REALLY depend on is Boston's in Anchorage. If they want me to move down there and work there at the end of the month, then I will, if not, then I will wait until they do need me for full time. (well Boston's Full Time)

My trip to Anchorage sunday was Interesting... yes, perfect word. I was going to get off of work Saturday night and go home and go to bed. Aaron wanted me to come help him pack. I went to his house, after waiting at McDonalds Drive Thru for 30 minutes because they were SO busy at both drive thrus. I helped him pack, and by the time we were done, it was about 4 AM. I still wanted to take a shower, so we went to my house and I took a shower. When I was done, it was about 4:40, so we stopped by my dads to get my other boxes. It was POURING out and my dad had locked the door, so I had to run to the back to get the key, then come back out, get the boxes, then go put the key back. I was dripping wet. We stopped by a gas station for drinks and food and left. We left town at 5:30.

Aaron drove, on no sleep the whole way there. We get there and its already 1:30 or something. (he was driving a big truck towing a trailer, so thats why it took so long. He called one storage company and they had no open spaces. He called one more and they had one, but closed at 2. We rushed there to get a storage space. We pulled up and it was SO ghetto, that I didn't want to leave the stuff there, but we didn't have much choice. We looked at the spot, and it seemed okay, although there was trash all in it. He bought it.

We went to open the gate RIGHT after buying it, and the number wouldn't work. I went in to tell them and the girl was already gone. She left as SOON as we had walked out to the truck. She knew we were going to unpack it right now. She saw me walk up there, but she was in her car and just drove away. I figured out that she had doubled up a number, and got us in (I saved the day!) We unpacked the trailor and put everything in the storage space. Aaron closed the door, put the lock on, and jiggled it, just to check. The door still opened. It turns out it was BROKEN and even after locking it, the door opened. He took out his tools and fixed it so it wouldn't slide open anymore.

Finally, we were hungry, so we went to eat. Jordan was going to look at apartments with us, but she had to do something with her dad for Fathers day and she had expected us earlier. As a sidenote, I did call my dad, because he was also in Anchorage, and he didn't have time to do anything for fathers day, so we are going out to eat Tuesday for lunch. We ate at Royal Fork and then went apartment hunting. I didn't look at half cause they were in bad neighborhoods, and then another quarter cause we didn't have time. We left town at 7:30 PM. We stopped on the way back and took a nap (cause Aaron hadn't slept at all since saturday afternoon). Then, after only an hour nap, Aaron drove the rest of the way home. I had a fun trip with him. :D

I got home at 4 AM. I went almost straight to sleep and didn't wake up until 4:30 PM, besides the two phone calls I got. Work wanted me to come in at 11:30 to help out, but called back and told me that they had someone, because I told them I would if they didn't have anyone. My room is a MESS because I packed 4 boxes and my stereo and microwave and fridge all in 2 hours. I also took my desk and gave it to jackie and took her desk outside. Aaron packed it all into the trailor cause I had to get to work. So, tomorrow, I want to go to eat with my dad for fathers day, get a new license cause I lost mine, clean my room, hang out with Sigourney maybe, and hang out with ben in the evening. I also need to finish filling out the Boston's application and fax it to them. Busy day. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home