Princess Winter

This blog is named after "My little pony" Princess Winter. Things I might talk about on my blog are: Me, Hockey, the OC, the baha'i faith, me, family, friends, school, me... etc.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Dilemma

So, anyone who has read my blog since my old apartment knows wny I moved out. She was smoking weed in the apartment. So, when I moved into this place, I explained that to my new roommate, that that was why I moved out, and how upset I was that she smoked weed in the house, and it stunk up the whole house, etc. When I moved into this place my dad was really excited because he believes the fact that she is so clean will be a good influence on me.

Well, every now and then I'd come home and it would smell like weed again, but the first few times, I dismissed it and me going crazy. Then I started to smell it more and more, and realized that I have run into the same problem that I had at my old place. My current roommate ALSO smokes weed in the house. I have come home before and the farthest I've ever smelt it is in the hallway. Well, tonight when I came home, I could smell it ALL the way at the door as soon as I walked in. I can still smell it in my room, although barely.

The Dilemma comes in here. I don't want the same thing to happen that happened at the last place to happen again. It was a big hassle. I have no way of knowing how to get ahold of the landlord, and even if I did, from my understanding, he wouldn't really care anyways. He might even tell my roommate that I talked to him about it, and then I have no place to stay. I don't really have anywhere to go until the end of the summer. The other option is to just deal with it, ignore it, etc. Thats pretty much what I did last time, and look where it got me.

The only option I can see is moving to Anchorage early. I could Transfer to Boston's now, get an apartment there now, and be there for a month and a half without Aaron. I don't know if I can handle that... I might be able to, but I'm just not sure. Part of me wants to just so my roommate can all of a sudden have to pay more each month for rent cause I'm gone. I almost wish the other girl hadn't moved in, cause then she would have to pay the full 750 by herself. Yes, I'm bitter. :(

I would talk to my dad about it, but I'm not sure if i want to. Not only is he SO excited about me having a clean "supposedly responsible" roommate, but then I would have to move, no matter what, because he was SO disappointed before when I lived in a house where that was going on. If I stayed here and he knew my roommate did that, then he would be disappointed that I am staying. I could live with him for a two and a half months, but I cannot, although few know the reasons why. I cannot really think of anyone else I could live with for the rest of the summer.

I guess I will just talk to Aaron about it. If I moved at the end of June, its only a month and a half, and although I would miss him more than anything, I could see him if he visited, or I visited here, and it would be a good test of our relationship and love. I really hope if thats what I have to do, that it can handle it, because he means the world to me.

Anyways, Ideas anyone? Please?

5 Comments:

  • At 5:08 PM, June 06, 2006, Blogger Erynn said…

    Okay, smoking "weed" cannot be legal. It's a drug and using drugs, from my understand, is against the law. I would confront her about it and tell her that if she ever does it again you're going to call the police. Or, just pretend like you want to join her, find out where she stashes it... then call the police. Either way, why are these people not going to jail for this stuff?

    Love you!

     
  • At 8:14 AM, June 07, 2006, Blogger Rachel_Bachert said…

    Erynn and V,
    that sounds like a simple solution but i dont think it will do anything...i know a guy whos Girlfriend just had a baby not to long ago and it came back with a positive tox screen for pot and the hospital didnt do anything other than tell her she really shouldnt smoke pot around the kid...the babies tox screen was so high that is was obvious she had probably smoked weed the night she went into labor...i asked my mom about it and she said that they just dont care all that much about kids that smoke weed cause they have more problems with meth and coc babies....
    V, you know how i feel about drugs and why, so you can understand how pissed i was to hear this...its like they are paying attention to the fact that pot is THE gateway drug...unfortunatly if the authorities always feel that there are bigger fish to fry they arent gonna "waste" their time chasing after kids who smoke weed...shoot they dont even do anything about the ones who sell it..

     
  • At 9:03 AM, June 07, 2006, Blogger Erynn said…

    I later looked into it and discovered that recreational use of Marijuana is legal. I was, appalled, of course. I've known people, very close friends, who have had drug problems and to see that something like this would be legal (which affects anyone in the vicinity of the smoker) would be tolerate... This is incredible unfortunate and you have my best wishes! I would recommend getting out as soon as possible. I'm sure that there are many people who do not want to see you in that type of situation and would offer there home to you. Additionally, I would recommend creating a roommate application (just to determine upfront what their habits are). This way you're not rude about saying it "Do you do drugs!", you can just say this is standard procedure for you. If they lie, well then I don't know. It's just a crappy situation to be in all around. Sorry. :(

     
  • At 3:00 PM, June 08, 2006, Blogger Rachel_Bachert said…

    I totally agree with Erynn on the roommate aplication...then if they lie on the application you can justify leaving without notice...and it would save you from a situation like you had before with the deposit and rent cause if they sign it and you get it notorized then it is leagally binding and they have no room to talk.
    I also agree with Erynn on the appauling situation that doing illegal drugs recreationally is legal....because like she said it does effect more that just the person doing the drugs...

     
  • At 10:50 PM, June 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My girl,
    I notice you are offended by drug use, and I know you always give attention to your health & well being. I also notice that you seek out input & feedback from others and, by the comments, you have some intelligent freinds to rely on. I see, too, that you appreciate the growth potential of a challenge, as you wonder about leaving early and having a separation from Aaron.
    So, I just think you're wonderful -all smart and insightful and spiritual.
    Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home