Princess Winter

This blog is named after "My little pony" Princess Winter. Things I might talk about on my blog are: Me, Hockey, the OC, the baha'i faith, me, family, friends, school, me... etc.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

If this is Fairbank's Finest, We are all in trouble.

So, after I posted, I went to Aaron's house to go Four-Wheeling again. We left his house (after getting dinner in town) at about 8:00pm. We went the same way we came back last night, and drove out to 9 Mile. We went through a couple trails, and came back to the main road a couple times. The last trail we took was nice and smooth and easy riding for a while. We got to this muddy part, and Aaron tried to drive through and we got stuck. I had to get off the 4-wheeler, and help him find logs to put under the tires, (and all the wood was rotten, so it kept breaking) and there were mosquito's everywhere and it was REALLY muddy. We called Travis, and he was on his way to come help us out, but we got it out before he left his house (he had to get all the way home first). After we got out, he had to get back over this muddy part, so this time I got off and he drove accross (barely didn't get stuck) and I had to walk across. My shoes got sucked into the mud, so my shoes were covered in mud, my toes were muddy and my socks had to come off.

Sadly, this was not the worst part of the evening. We came back and were going to drive into the river a bit to wash off the machine. When we were coming back there was this HUGE-O bonfire at the exact place we have to drive by to leave. We figured people were drinking/partying. We drove really far away from them to the river to wash off, but that was still the only way to get out. I thought I heard a gunshot at one point (when we could still see them) but Aaron said he didn't hear it. Later we were driving a little closer to them, and we could still see them, and we heard several gunshots. We drove behind a burm where they couldn't see us and turned off the machine. It really seems like these people are shooting at us. We figure they are drunk. We call 911 to get the cops to come out there. I told the lady where we were, and asked if she knew where we were, she said yes. (this was after I had been put on hold for about 10 minutes). I had told her people were shooting at us.
We called Travis and talked to him, told him the cops were on their way. we waited there for about 20 minutes while these people fired their guns in our direction. We even saw the bullets hit the water about 100 yds from us. It was really scary. Finally, 20 minutes later, I called the cops back to see where they were at, and how far they were, etc. She said they had to come from far away, but that they were on their way. She got a bit better directions from me. We called Travis, and he came from his house (out off of Nordale) and hooked up his 4-wheeler trailer, and drove out to where we were, we gave him directions, and he got out there. The cops still weren't there, so I called them back again (this was about 30 minutes from the second call) the lady said they couldn't figure out where we were. Instead of calling us to ask, they just drove around aimlessly, hoping to just fall on us I guess. We told them we would have a friend who drove out there meet them at the road. Travis met them out there, and they had to wait for backup (I don't know why they didn't have it with them. The situation hadn't changed) and then drive down this road, and wait a little longer for the other car to catch up. Finally, about 20 minutes from the third call, we get a phone call saying that the people aren't doing anything illegal and that we should drive up there and leave while the cops are there. I asked if the people are leaving, and the guy said no because they weren't doing anything wrong. We got up there, and were about to leave, after passing a group of people who all looked like college students. The cop got on the loudspeaker and asked us to stop as we drove by. We stopped and waited for him to walk down by us.
He asked for our ID, got mad at me because I didn't have one on me, and told me if I had gotten shot, how would they know who I was. Then, told us that it was a family with some other family from out of town just having a bonfire. They said they stopped shooting when they saw us. I tried to explain to the Trooper (who didn't even ask us our side at all) that we could still see them when they started shooting, and said "shooting at us" and the Trooper freaked out and started yelling at me telling me that they WERE NOT shooting at me, and that I need to get that out of my head. He's yelling at me as I am CRYING.
So, basically, I call 911, tell the dispatch someone is shooting at me, and an hour and a half later, I am getting yelled at by a cop because I was scared that people were shooting at me. I have had so many friends tell me that when they call the Troopers for help with someone they always end up leaving feeling like they were the ones in trouble, and I always tried to stand up for them and tell everyone that they aren't like that, etc. Well, everyone was right. I am so extremely disappointed in how I was treated by the dispatch and by the troopers. It makes me not want to call them in the future, and instead deal with it myself (like some people suggested shooting back at them). Anyways, I"m supposed to work tomorrow, but I'm going to get no sleep because of this, and I have to buy new shoes for work and my check card is at Aarons so I have to go to the bank first, and I don't think i'm going to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home