Princess Winter

This blog is named after "My little pony" Princess Winter. Things I might talk about on my blog are: Me, Hockey, the OC, the baha'i faith, me, family, friends, school, me... etc.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Trip to Anchorage

So, Thursday night, AFTER I drove Aaron home and then back to my house, it was REALLY late. He wanted to get up and leave around 9 or so, but I wouldn't get ANY sleep, especially because I hadn't even packed yet. He called and wasn't all that tired, so we decided to leave then. We didn't get out of town until 5:00am, but it was earlier than we planned.

THE DRIVE:
I was going to drive part of the way, but after about 1.5 hours of driving, i was so drowsy that I was seeing things. I would slow down dramatically (not exactly SLAM the brakes) and he would freak out asking why. I told him I thought I saw a sheep. He thought it was sad. He had to drive, needless to say. I fell asleep until about Wasilla, where we switched, and I drove the rest of the way into town.

THE HOTEL:
We got into town. I had been planning on staying with Jordan (a friend of mine in anchorage), but I couldn't get ahold of her. I stayed in the hotel with Aaron (At least there were two beds). It was an okay hotel room. It wasn't horribally fancy, even though it was the westmark. We took a nap almost as soon as we got there, cause Aaron hadn't slept at all, and I had only slept a bit.

HOUSE HUNTING:
Everyone asks if I found a place. I looked a few, and the seem nice. We only got to take a tour of one because we started looking friday afternoon/evening, alot of places are closed weekends, and Monday we stopped by UAA and headed back to town. The place I took a tour of is "Alpine Apartments." It is a gated community and has a security guard during the evening hours. It is a bit expensive, when you consider I have to pay water and electric. I'm not sure if I'm going to get a place by myself, or have a roommate. I guess I have some time to figure that all out.

EATING:
One of the nice things about being in anchorage was all the choices for restaurants. We went to Outback, Skippers, Wendy's, Hooters, Papa Johns, and this restaurant upstairs at 5th avenue mall. It was really fun to try all this different stuff. :D I can't wait to live there so I can try a bunch of different places. I did TRY to eat at Royal Fork, but I thought they closed at 9, not 8 on sunday, and we got there at 8, when they were closing. That sucked. I love Royal Fork.

FEAST:
Saturday night I went to the Baha'i Feast in Anchorage. For those of you who don't know what that is, its a kinda of get together, often related to church in a way, for my religion. Anyways, it was nice to see all the people I haven't seen in a while. I told them all I might move to anchorage. They were very excited. I'm really glad I got to go, not only because I got to see people, but because it is good for me to go to Baha'i activities and be involved, but I have been having trouble with finding time. Aaron was pretty upset I was leaving him by himself at the hotel for up to 3 hours. He got over it. :D I'm glad because it was something I NEEDED to do.

OTHER:
Umm, besides all that, we did a little shopping... well not really. I got Mille Bourne, this AWESOME card game that I thought they didn't make anymore, but this game store in Diamond had it. Aaron bought this map thing for his computer, that hooked up with his GPS. He loves it. We drive around and it tells us where we are driving, and where things are. Its pretty fun. I think thats all though.

UAA:
We got to talk to the head of the Auto Department, and got all the information. Aaron applied for UAA online. The lady asked if we were married... I teased him about that. She probably had to ask, to try to help him get financial aid, but it still was fun to tease him. We didn't get out of town until about 2:30 or 3.

DRIVE HOME:
The Drive home was fun. I started driving, but felt REALLY weird. I couldn't figure it out. I don't know if I was tired. Aaron was playing around on his computer, and thinks its cause i kept looking, but I don't know. After an hour, he started driving. He teasingly complained that he had to drive there and back, mostly. I figured since I drove around town the entire weekend that we were even.

MONDAY NIGHT:
When we got back into fairbanks, we hung out at Aaron's house that evening. He put a sub-woofer and amp in my car, so now i have nice bass. :D It was real nice of him. I'm going to buy them from him for $75 when I have money, but that will be a while. We went for a walk monday night too.

TUESDAY:
I went to work. I made like $125 in a 4.5 hour shift. Thats pretty good, per house, especially because I'm getting paid 7.15 on top of that. I paid my electric after work, and Aaron and I went to dinner. I put some gas in my car too. We picked up ben and went to the store with him. We rented movies, and took ben home. We watched a movie, and then I went home.

WEDNESDAY:
My day off. I really didn't need it seeing as how I had all weekend off. I had an interview that morning at 9 with Pacific Movers. I got there, and they told me they thought it was at 10, so the guy was busy. They asked me to come back at 10. I came back and another lady was there. They called her name first, and she went upstairs. That was at 10:15 because they were late getting out of a meeting. She was done at 10:30 but while she was upstairs, another girl came in. THey called her name next. She went upstairs. At 10:45, they came downstairs and called someone else's name, but I thought they had just mispronounced mine. I corrected them and headed upstairs. They told me they didn't have my resume, so they checked downstairs. They had written on it that they didn't have a time scheduled. They only asked me one or two questions about work related stuff, asked me about what I do for fun, then explained the job to me. I don't really want it, but I'll think about it. It would be me ALONE in a warehouse with some guy and basically just making sure they keep in contact with the office. It sounds really slow and boring, and not enough people there. I went to Aaron's house afterwards. I was at his house until I went to a movie with my dad. We saw this dancing movie "Take the Lead" it was good besides being way to sappy. Afterwards I was late to the dinner/bible study thing. Then I had to rush off to get home to call AkUSA. The lady wasn't there. A guy from work had called and asked me to work for him. I didn't get it until too late though. Aaron is going to come over now, although my driveway has a BackHoe in it because they were plowing it and either aren't finishing it tonight, or they are taking a break. I hope they finish it eventually. Thats all for now.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:25 AM, April 13, 2006, Blogger Rachel_Bachert said…

    Wow you really did have a busy weekend. I'm going to miss you when you go to Anchorage:( esp sense i wont get to come see you very often during school...but i am happy for you cause i know how much you like anchorage.well i better get back to work>LL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home