Princess Winter

This blog is named after "My little pony" Princess Winter. Things I might talk about on my blog are: Me, Hockey, the OC, the baha'i faith, me, family, friends, school, me... etc.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Snowmachining

Aaron read my blog and pointed out I didn't mention snowmachining. We went snowmachining on saturday. It was really warm. I knew there was something I did before the store. LOL! Anyways, we went from his house to McPeaks (well the chevron next door). We got some gas, and then continued to the river. I let him take me on the river against my better judgement. I was wrong. He was right. (surprise surprise). The river was quite solid. We went to Birch Hill and rode around for a while. Eventually we had to get back. He asked if I wanted to drive some, but I wanted to wait until the road. We got the the road we take between the corner of old rich and dennis and the richardson Highway. He let me drive. I drove slow at first, but soon felt I was getting the hang of it. A sidenote: For anyone who hasn't driven with me, when I drive, instead of easing into the speed I want, I open it up ALL THE WAY, until I am at the speed I want, then I let off the gas. I tried that on the snowmaching, but Aaron pointed out later that the snowmaching has as much horsepower as my car, and only weighs about 500 lbs. That was where the problem came in. We started swerving/tipping everywhere. I seriously thought it was going to tip on its side and send me flying. I tried the break, but nothing happened. Luckily, Aaron grabbed the handlebars (its probably not "handlebars" but whatever) and stopped it. I started crying because I thougth I was going to die, and he was only scared because he thought I might get hurt. It was really sweet of him to worry about me. :D Anyways, we rode the rest of the way home with me crying and then he talked to me about it for a while trying to convince me that we HADN'T almost died and that I was okay. It still scared me.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:13 AM, March 06, 2006, Blogger Rachel_Bachert said…

    You are sooo cute V, i did the same thing the first time my dad let me drive the snowmachine, but he wasnt on it and i ran it right into a dug-out at the park adn smashed my face into the handle bars....i didnt ride a snowmachine again untill i met Micheal adn he made me...well he didnt make me, he convinced me...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home