Princess Winter

This blog is named after "My little pony" Princess Winter. Things I might talk about on my blog are: Me, Hockey, the OC, the baha'i faith, me, family, friends, school, me... etc.

Friday, June 22, 2007

3 Months is a little excessive

I'm sorry I haven't posted in 3 months. I figured no one was really reading it anyways. But still, not an excuse for my laziness. So, lets see, lots and lots and lots of new stuff.

1) I've moved. I went to fairbanks for a weekend and came back on sunday night and my apartment door had been kicked down and alot of my boyfriends stuff got stolen. My new place is in a nice neighborhood and its way bigger than my old place. More expensive too. Its 2.5 bedrooms 1 bath, big living room/dining room, small kitchen with w/d and a yard and our own driveway we can fit 3 vehicles in easily. The living room/dining room and kitchen has wood floors and the rest of the place has really cushy carpets. It has TONS of cabinet space. Its a duplex so only one neighbor to worry about.

2) I've been promoted and given a raise. Last time I posted Leslee was out of town for a week or so. I got my chance to be in charge and shine. It was definatly worth it. They relized how much they need Leslee and promoted her to this position they made up for her. She kinda does a mix of follow up on everyone else's things and taking care of unhappy customers (which she is really good at). She ends up having more work than most people because they don't do their own work and she has to follow up with it. :P When she got her own office I got her desk at the front desk (as the lead receptionist). FOr a while we were trying to hire a assistant for me, but the ones they tried to hire sucked. The eventually just gave up, and now its dead so we don't need the second person as much. There was so much turnover for a short while cause of all the changes that I am the third longest running person there in the front office (and the second longest is leaving soon too). So its leslee, than me. They trust me with ALOT now. So, I finally asked for a raise. First time i've done that EVER! I was SO SCARED! But they gave me one. $1 an hour more.

3) I had to get rid of the ccats. They weren't allowed at the new apartment. I'm super bummed about it, but it will be okay. We found this nice family to take them. I will miss them tons. :(

4) My computer broke so I don't get to check my email as often. I am going to get a new one once my inheritance comes in, but until then I'm using Aaron's. I need to get the informaton of the hard drive, but that is going to be super expensive. I have lost tons of my pictures and music and information until then.

5) My Uncle on my mom's side passed away a while ago. I cannot find where I mentioned it so I"m not sure if I did. We weren't too close so I'm not devestated, but its still sad. Anyways, he got alot of the inheritance from my grandparents when they died a long time ago, and he had me in his will. I was kinda suprised considering I havent spoken to him since I was a little kid, but he had my brothers and my mom too. So, depending on how much the house sells for I'll be getting a portion, so if you hear me talking about my inheritnace thats what I mean. The first thing I'm going to do is pay off my debt, Pay the huququllah on it, and pay taxed on it. Then I want to set aside some for emergancies to put in a savings account. The rest, if I have enough left, I might buy a brand new truck. We'll see thought. As long as I get enough for the first three, I will be ore than happy. It will be nice to be debt free. :)

Those are the main things. I just got back from Louisville for my Cousin Nadia's wedding. It was alot of fun, getting to see famiy, etc. I am still unpacking and decorating. I tried to do my yard yesteday and got blisters and only got half done. Aaron mowed and i raked and watered the lawn. I have feast this saturday and I have to do the devotions for it and I have a BBQ before and after feast with people from work. So I am super busy, but I took the time tonight to upload all my new pictures onto my pictures website (see link on the right) and to email a few to people who requested them. Other than that nothing much else for now. If you want to hear more updates, let me know cause I hate writing on this thing for no one to read.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:00 PM, June 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry about the loss of your cats. Congrats. on moving into a duplex, big, with nice neighbors. I am eager to see it, but won't be in Anch. for a while. Congrats on the raise. Cool about the BBQ with coworkers. Thanks for sharing your pix.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home