Princess Winter

This blog is named after "My little pony" Princess Winter. Things I might talk about on my blog are: Me, Hockey, the OC, the baha'i faith, me, family, friends, school, me... etc.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Only in Alaska....

You know you are in Alaska when you go to a concert, and while the band is singing one of their biggest songs, a random guy in regular jeans and a t-shirt goes up on stage, bends over to fix something, and flashes butt crack to the entire crowd, and no one cares. So, to start from the beginning, I was at work and it was CRAZY because Leslee is leaving for a week and a half and she has a HUGE project she has to finish before she leaves the day after tomorrow. She went in the back room so no one would bother her. I had to man the front desk alone. It was pretty crazy. I really hope I can not only handle the week and a half without her, but that I can shine.

on a side note is that my boss talked to me before I left work at 7pm and when he talked to me it sounded like he wasn't disappointed in me. Something about I was doing good. I don't know how he put it that made me feel better. Oh well, whatever it was he said made it not as bad. Not HORRIBLE, but not as bad, I guess.

Anyways, Leslee was so busy with her project that she said she couldn't make it to the concert. She had free tickets from somewhere, and asked if I wanted them. She said she was sure she couldn't go, so I took them. Its funny because she left before me, but I have a feeling she is the kinda person that has to go home and get all ready before she goes out. I went in my work clothes and Aaron went in his Lithia clothes. (another thing you see in Alaska all the time). So, the concert started AT 8 almost exactly. It started with some we hadn't heard of. Apparently an opening act. He kinda sucked, and when he played Johnny Cash's "Ghost Riders in the Sky" and the crowd was supposed to sing back "yipie Kai yay" and like 3 people did it hte first time. After that, everyone else did it, but everyone else consisted of about 1000 people at the most in a place that fits 5000. (probably partially because it is a TUESDAY NIGHT!)

After about a half an hour of crap, they took a half an hour break where they turned on the lights and changed the stage. Instead of going straight into the the main act, we all had to sit there for another half an hour. If I had known that, we would have gone home to change and showed up at the concert at 9pm. We only stayed until 9:45 because I have to work early tomorrow. It was kinda fun, but not all that great. I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

One thing that bugs both Aaron and I about concerts, is those people who get so into it that they invade everyone else's space. We were watching a person in about the 3rd or 4th row from the front who would stand up and clap, so no one else could see, and then would bounce back and forth running into people. Oh well, at least we were far away from them. Anyways, it was exciting getting to the concert because it was exciting expecting a lot. It was okay, in the end.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home